The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What, a dog?
I notice the LH picture is signed by 'Topham'. I wonder if that is anything to do with Vic Topham, who made facsimile veteran cars on A7 chassis in the 1960s. He was from Slough, and was at the first Beaulieu rally in 1963.
The artist was Inez Topham, a prolific children's book illustrator; she died in 1959. I don't know whether Vic was any relation.

Picture of Mr Topham's fine automobile at Beaulieu in 1963. I seem to remember it came second in the specials class much to the annoyance of the 750 boys. I only met him once when I stopped to help when the car broke down near Slough. I think he had a local antique shop which may have supplied some of the parts for the Austin. Ian or Peter Clayton may know more.
Thanks for the clarification Mike.
And thanks to Gordon for posting the picture. My Dad has pictures of the car, but they are all in black and white. It is great to see it in colour, and to be reassured that it is exactly as my memory recalls it. My most vivid memory of it, would be when Vic brought it to our local fete on Stevenage Day. The lady passenger was dressed in a beautiful lilac dress and hat, just as the earliest of female car occupants would have been dressed.
Happy memories.