The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Busted radiator
Hereford Radiators efficiently sorted my RN radiator a few years ago.  Header tank to core was leaking. They removed header and bottom tank from core, checked the core was clear and in good condition. Reassembled and charged around £100. 

I hate unnecessary use of radiator sealers. Back in the day Jaguar used to recommend a dose of barsleak at services. The result was a build up of sediment in the bottom of the block which eroded the cylinder head studs which travel through the water jacket. One day a stud snapped in my XJ40 (horrible job getting the broken bit out) the rest of the studs looked like this. 

Best to repair properly unless in the middle of a lengthy road tour. 

Roly

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1931 RN, 1933 APD
I had a new modern type core done at Gloucester radiators last year for circa £220/240 (can't remember exactly), looked a very nice job but they seemed keen to replace rather than repair, I wanted it recored anyway so I was happy but may not suit someone who's more after a repair.