The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mulliner Saloon at Brightwells
Photo 
Having gone to Leominster to view non-Seven related products of Longbridge I took the time to look the Mulliner Saloon over. I have little knowledge of such things, my main interest being the earlier cars, but it is a splendid looking machine. The body & paintwork is in near concourse condition & the rest of the car looks also to be in good order. Speaking to my friends on the staff there, they agree how nice it is & tell me that it runs and drives very well. If I were in the market for a Saloon Seven I would certainly be bidding on it.

https://www.brightwellslive.com/lot/details/518983

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

well, yesterday's writeup of the RTC has put it up to over reserve now, so I'm sure this one will soon be a fair return for the seller :-) Would be improved with a bit less polish to all the vinyl and those original painted plates (pictured) returned.
Although I have not viewed the car, but have owned a very original unmolested example in the past, I agree with Colin that it looks very right and would be an excellent purchase. 
The only major item I can pick up on is that it should have an upper sun deflector, but one could be fabricated with some thought.
It's a pity Brightwell's haven't investigated the Mulliner body number, usually to be found stamped / written under the dashboard on the off side.
The Mulliner works number is stamped on a brass plate nailed to the timbers forming the scuttle on the nearside, up behind the dashboard.......eary cars did not always have the sun visor.....
The fabric covering is spoilt by having far too much padding underneath, probably high density foam, giving it a swollen appearance.  Originally they would have used only the thinnest cotton wadding underneath rexine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I agree with Mick, it does look a bit 'chubby'. Still a very nice little car.
Brightwells suffered a computer disaster, causing the auction to be somewhat extended until this evening. The Mulliner saloon fetched £9,100, and the RTC special £7,501. One might imagine that there are two pretty happy buyers, will we see either or both machines soon?
(12-05-2021, 12:19 PM)Mick Hobday Wrote: The fabric covering is spoilt by having far too much padding underneath, probably high density foam, giving it a swollen appearance.  Originally they would have used only the thinnest cotton wadding underneath rexine.

Thanks, Mike. The difference is very apparent - and the original so much "tighter" in appearance. Still, no too bad a job.
who knows what the Brightwells cars got to? I note that they havent put the results on the web yet.
Steve Kay posted the results 2 posts up from yours, Jon..