The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nippy on eBay
Hi,
This is my first post so I hope it’s in line with policy.
I’m looking for a Seven sports model or a special as a first foray into Seven ownership.
I’ve seen this Nippy for sale on eBay for some weeks, 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184725440072?...SwFM5gW367
As it’s not sold, I’m guessing the price is a bit strong, or those in the know know it’s history.
Can anyone help me with advice on what might be a realistic price please?
Phil
Phil,
Some details can be found on the A7CA chassis register,but this an old entry.
The thing to watch for on Nippies is tail droop / poorly fitting doors. On original cars the tail is not well supported and the centre section is not unduly strong. Sorting the issue out properly is a big job & not for the faint hearted. Otherwise they are a very nice, driveable sports A7.

As for values, most A7 clubs have a valuations officer who should be up to speed on market prices.
Thanks for the info.
Jon Edgar has a comprehensive site about 65s/Nippies https://aus7in.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/...ousel-1836 and this car is listed on it, so perhaps Jon may know something about it.

Just base on the photos, this one look a lot nearer to the correct shape than some that have passed through our workshop recently. My only comment is that the bottom lines of the doors don't look 100% right - Having reconstructed a pair last week, I know just how horrible a job this is to get spot-on!
it's been through a few auctions recently but I know nothing personally other than what you can see from the survivors register, other than it seems to have potentially £2,000 worth of crankcase with it, spare, if it's in decent nick. Of course, that was probably the original engine... but its going to cost you a lot to put back into (sustainable/safe) running form.
I've got a lot of details on the red car that was on carandclassic.
Thanks for the link and additional info re doors and the spares listed as part of the package.
Perhaps if someone is looking for a good basic start to sporting Seven ownership, lot 124 at the current Brightwells auction might be of considerable interest. An RTC Special, it is listed as having a Phoenix crank in an engine built by Ian Bancroft. The alloy Ricardo head is evident. Concours d’elegance would not be its home, but speed events or trials would welcome the machine if Matthew Parkin’s catalogue description is true. There could well be a last minute rise in the bids, the current figure is silly and makes it tempting to bid anyway. At least one forum contributor has been to Leominster and might want to comment, on the other hand maybe they want to keep it a secret in the hope that it just scrapes over the reserve.
First rule of auctions is if you have your eye on something, don't tell other people about it!
I wouldn't read anything into the current bid; look at all the lots, and they are pretty-much all at well-below estimate figures. The RTC looks interesting, but my money would go on the Mulliner saloon - not so sporting, but a sweet little car.