The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy? toilet humour
Found in the Gent's ( walls decorated with pages from the Beano/Dandy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Eons ago when there were mechanically minded forecourt attendants, on I think the Candid Camera programme a car sans engine was rolled down hill to an unsuspecting garage
When I was attached to a T.A. unit in Hammersmith in 1957, one of the part-time Territorial officers, a city type with loads of money, brought his very fine 3.5 litre Derby Bentley in to the motor pool in order that one of the mechancis - one Bill Farnden - could service it for him as it wasn't running too well.  When he asked Bill how he was getting on with it he replied 'Sorry sir, I am afraid the engine's missing.' 
'MISSING? What do you mean missing, who's taken it?' 
True story.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
I have a feeling Candid Camera did similar with a car they had sealed over the fuel filler and driven into a garage to be 'filled up'. Owner then wandered off to the shop and left the attendant searching all over for somewhere to put the fuel. Having said that if attendants existed today they might have a similar problem with a chummy.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!