The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RN & RP sunshine roof clamps
        Are these clamp plates the same for the RN and RP saloons. I've used 3 of these from our cherished suppliers which are fitted to replica sunshine roofs and I drilled the mounting screw holes in the frame to suit.. Now I have an original RN sunshine roof frame I find that the holes in a replica clamp plate are a mile out.
We've used them on RN, RP, both Ruby models and Big Sevens.

I have original and new locking bolts in stock, plus original RN and RP sliding panels. I'll go and do some trial fitting.

I've now checked a recently-supplied repro knobset, which I believe all come from the same source, against an original RN mounting plate and repro plates (intended to fit all models) from two different suppliers. One of these plates came with the knobset in question.

The two closely-spaced holes in the front edge of the chromed face plate seem to be correct, but in all cases the single rear hole appears to be about 1/16" south-west of where it should be. It's close enough to work either with some slight easing of the holes, or alternatively with some brutal screwing, but either way, it's definitely not quite right.

I shall mention this to the supplier.
    Thanks Martin. I have two original sunshine roof frames and I made a pattern of the holes in one and tried it on the other to find there is at least 1/8" error in hole centers, so I conclude the problem is in Austin's.
    Quite a difference, it just needs chroming.
This just proves the value of  the forum as I'm doing this very job on my RP today!

My metal outer frame looks original but the timber definitely isn't and there's nothing in place  to screw the locking plate to!

Does anyone have a sketch or photo with some dimensions of how the large hole relates to the edges of the sliding panel?

Thanks in anticipation
Bump so it doesn't get lost

Anybody?
I’m just about to do the same job on my RP David, I’ll see if I can take some closeup shots tomorrow...as long as I don’t get distracted by domestic duties!
I discovered that Martin Prior has ready shaped plates complete with captive nuts fo sale,so problem solved, thank you Martin
Ah, that saves me cranking up the Rolleiflex!