The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack handle
Looking at the parts book for a chummy the Jack handle is quite log, where did Austin expect owners to store it in the car.  Also what do owners do nowadays?

Thanks
Not that I have a Chummy, but I've always carried the jack handle in my cars under the rear seat, pushed right to the back of the car so it sits beneath the seat back..
I put mine under the back seat.
remember to wrap it in a rag. They dont half rattle otherwise
Keep mine in my tool box display.
Carry a scissor jack in the car, much safer.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Not wishing to carry anything under the rear seat that I would need on the road (the Motoring Dog goes on the back seat!) I made some spring clips and clipped it on the bulkhead under the bonnet. Everything else (tool roll, jack foot pump etc. etc.) is carefully packed under the front seats.
The regular early (pre 1930) Austin 7 jack handle fits on the floor in front of the back seat, extending under the bucket seat.

I regularly use an early Holden Bottle Jack (extends more than the Austin 7 jack having three threads). The 3/8" jack handle is shortened, threaded and fitted with an Austin 7 wheel nut to enable the Austin 7 Wheelbrace to be used as a 'crank' and still be stored under the seat. 

This idea was suggested to me by the remaining founder member of the Austin 7 Club Inc Melbourne, Doug Veel.
Thanks for the tips will have a look.