The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Insurance
Hi all, in fairness, Emma did get back to me very quickly, and they have now quoted me a price for our Ruby, and Pat my wife on the cover at £97.89. Looks like after 37 years with them  I will have to shop around. S&P
(06-05-2021, 07:26 PM)phillips Wrote: Hi all, in fairness, Emma did get back to me very quickly, and they have now quoted me a price for our Ruby, and Pat my wife on the cover at £97.89. Looks like after 37 years with them  I will have to shop around. S&P

So the renewal said £145 and after complaining it dropped by fifty quid?

I use https://www.bishopcalway.co.uk/
Do report back please

c
Well done for trying Stuart, not sure what other choice you have to be honest.

The annual bartering of premiums I am used to with my home insurances and telecommunications contracts - it is not something I have encountered with RH before.

I am mystified.
Well after 20 years with Rh I too changed to Peter Taylor/Bishop Calway this year too. I have a fleet policy covering Vintage and modern cars, salvage etc. and 5 named drivers! Saved a fortune and received good service, easy to deal with, but of course I needed to provide lots of information which took a lot of my time. The Companies rely on customer apathy, which costs us dearly. I was sorry to leave Rh because they used to be a good Company and used to give good service, been taken over too many times now I fear.
Stuart,

Have you had any success yet?
Terry - Do check what Hagerty are offering. They recently gave me a quote significantly lower that RH, but when I asked (and ONLY when I asked) it turned out that their classic car policy does NOT cover normal daily use - no trips to the shop, no school runs, no general excursions were permitted. I assume that this means that cover is only provided in connection with organised events. I suspect that a lot of their customers are unaware of this.
I’m about to insure the box saloon and I’ve received a reasonable quote from Bishop Calway, a high online quote from Hagerty and I’m going to try RH shortly and see if they are competitive and more importantly, as Martin said see if they are like for like.

I remember my last A7 policy with RH covered breakdown and salvage by back (I never have insurer’s legal cover, I’ve heard to many horror stories!)

UPDATE
Instant response from RH, really helpful young chap by the name of Peter, highly competitive premium and with all the features I need: Social Domestic and Pleasure, Fully Comprehensive, free salvage and Rosie is on the policy as well, so I'll be returning to RH once again.
Hi John

Sadly I  had to claim for two austin sevens from RH when my garage roof blew off.

They were fantastic and paid out without any problem whatsoever.
The money side of it was organised without delay.
I got the cars back and rebuilt them and they were both better than ever.

Cannot fault them.
Hi all here is an update as to where we are with our insurance. Having shopped around  for like for like RH came out on top, Emma has been very helpful, so we are now back with RH. S&P
(10-05-2021, 04:55 PM)phillips Wrote: Hi all here is an update as to where we are with our insurance. Having shopped around  for like for like RH came out on top, Emma has been very helpful, so we are now back with RH. S&P

That is very reassuring news Stuart - comments above also suggest that cover may not be like for like from other companies, hence the "cheaper" [sic], premiums.