The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch Bowl Marton-cum-Grafton
(03-07-2021, 05:15 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: You've got to remember that modern classics dissolve in the rain.

Or at least their owners.  Big Grin
I didn't go as I have no weather protection and it was peeing it down at 12.00...
I like your idea of "proper" classics on the second Saturday Malcolm, as they are generally smaller than the monstrous ones taking all the space. We could have room for more. Difficult to start a breakaway group though.
(04-07-2021, 12:27 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: ........... Difficult to start a breakaway group though.

Easy to try, see if it works.

First decide what vehicles are welcome. Pre war only? Or pre 1960?

Decide on a time. 11am might be too early.

Then spread the word on the internet.

And see who comes next Saturday.............
It's not really a breakaway group, we just belong to a different branch of the 'classic car' movement.  if one of the glitzy Porsche or Jag owners stood in a drop of oil from our Austin Sevens I think we would be black-balled out of the Club!
I will be there next Saturday!
Tomorrow I will try to get to the Punch Bowl for 12.30 but it might be nearer to 1pm.
I can't get there, I'll be at the BSA FWD National Rally. I hope it's good weather for you.
I'll get there for about 12.30, probably in the Pytchley, which needs an airing.
Just two of us met today. Hopefully a few more next time. Saturday 14th August, at around 12.30pm. YO51 9QY
Are we going this coming Saturday, 14th August.
Things are hectic at present but I should be able to get there.