The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch Bowl Marton-cum-Grafton
I'll try to get there...
I went last Saturday and there were only 5 cars. Mat, the coordinator was there and we had a brief chat. It should have been their Summer Fair/Fest but that was cancelled owing to the weather forecast.
He mentioned that he is trying to encourage more of the pre-war owners to attend the meetings. If he succeeds the breakaway group may become redundant...
Three pre-war cars and a classic trial bike attended today.  I took the Pytchley which ran rather hot on the way there but adjustment of the timing and a slightly richer mixture for the SU carb made all the difference and it came back very well.   I found a nice lane near Marton, the photo reminds me of the 'Chummy in the Lane' picture except there were no little girls on hand to pose alongside the car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lovely shot Malcolm, we still have a few lanes like that around here...apart from where the HS2 lorries have decided otherwise...
A cracking pic Malcolm, here's the rest of the turn-out

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_3648.JPG (Size: 159.85 KB / Downloads: 167)
Malcolm, our daughters tell me that they would happily oblige providing that you drive "loudly'!!
Thank the girls for their kind offer, Ruairidh.   The Pytchley on its 1" SU carb isn't as 'loud' as when it was on twin carbs but it is loud enough for its braking capacity.   When driving an Austin 7 you get used to people giving you strange looks but in the Pytchley they look at me as if I am completely bonkers!

.jpg   naylor marton.jpg (Size: 123.05 KB / Downloads: 51)    

I was at the Punch Bowl today, a few oldish cars but only two of us with pre-war cars. The 1928 Plymouth was interesting. Apparently made in USA for the Canadian market but spent most of it's life in New Zealand. Also interesting was the 1985 Naylor, driven there by a member of the Naylor family. Appearance similar to an MG but quite a different car and fitted from new with a 1700 OHC BL engine.

I'll be away next Saturday so won't be at the Punch Bowl for the second Saturday of the month.