The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 based sand race car
Thought this little hill climb/sand race car (which is located in Guernsey) may be of interest. I think there is at least one member on this forum that lives in Guernsey? Nice project......

Attached Files
.jpg   7guernsey.jpg (Size: 144.58 KB / Downloads: 386)
I rather like that, but it looks like it's only for midget drivers!
(28-12-2017, 09:56 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I rather like that, but it looks like it's only for midget drivers!

Built for the average Guernsey man Mike!

Not sure if it's a closed group but more pictures here:-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/491784010835533/
I'm with you Mike, I like that.

Interesting you say miget racer, I know the Americans were big on midget racing.

Midget cars that is Big Grin

I wonder what engine it has, doesn't look enough room for a seven engine.

Tony.
I heard about it a year or 2 ago.It doesn't interest me personally having enough Austin projects to last me out.
If anyone is seriously interested I'm happy to look at it for you.
I wouldn't fancy taking it up the Val des Terres with a suitable 500 Norton engine,Too close to the accident for me!
(29-12-2017, 09:39 AM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: I heard about it a year or 2 ago.It doesn't interest me personally having enough Austin projects to last me out.
I wouldn't fancy taking it up the Val des Terres with a suitable 500 Norton engine,Too close to the accident for me!

I remember the Le Gallez & Martini specials on the Terres but this must have been many rears prior to those being built.
I'd be interested in this as I've got a jap v twin that might look better here rather than sitting in a crate. Any information gratefully received.
(29-12-2017, 09:39 AM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: I heard about it a year or 2 ago.It doesn't interest me personally having enough Austin projects to last me out.
Hi Dave,

Thought you would have taken a look. Just out of curiosity.

There looks like some interesting shapes under the tarps.

Directly above the windscreen looks like a Bugatti type 35, next to it a nice vintage Van, then an austin twenty open tourer.

Tony.