The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster?
I am going to look at a PVT Rover tourer tomorrow & the owner has a neighbour with what he calls an Ulster. He has had it for 20 years + &  may be looking for a new owner....I have been asked to take a look.
 All i have seen of it so far is a picture of a screw on plate saying "Chassis  SY CC 158 and Car No B 3630" This plate looks remarkably new! I will have a look to see if I can find a real chassis and engine number. No idea if blown or unblown....
Reg No 625 PJ is on the Register as "Ulster Replica or what!" with chassis 83834. This and the reg no would put it end 1929 early 1930. A body B3630 would be around Nov/Dec 1929 (my RK was B4148 12/29) No idea what body this was. nothing as yet starting EA though...!
Any one any pointers? What carburettor for example. I don't expect to be looking at an undiscovered team car.....
A registration number with numerals before letters would suggest an early 1960's registration - in fact the DVLA Database has it as Date of first registration: July 1962 and Date of manufacture: 1962. Last V5C change was in July 2019. It's currently taxed and red in colour.

The 2009 A7CA Chassis Register has the following: 625 PJ - chassis number: 114158, engine number: 83834, described as a 'Racing Ulster' green in colour - no other details or dates given. Looking at Wyatt, this chassis number would suggest a build date of July 1930 and a car number in the range B1-XXXX with a 1929 engine.
625 PJ was re-registered in 1962. Owned many years ago by Peter Hornby. It is a known car - or at least some of it is!!

Steve
Steve,

Is that a known original.

Or a known repro made latter.

Thanks tony.
I understand that the basics are a known original, Tony, but where it's at now I don't know. Given that it's taxed says that it might be up and running but I'd suggest it needs very careful looking at.

Steve
not an original EA chassis number, but certainly had an Ulster box in 1963!
thanks steve,

could be a nice little buy for someone, if it has an original engine or something left in it.

sadly not for me. i have to many to sell myself.

thanks tony.
I will report back after tomorrow! 
D
Not much wiser about 625PJ....family appears to have inherited it and are keeping it. I would
not be surprised if it appears in due course....
Rover sadly had grossly optimistic price expectations! Lovely original car, but dreadful paint, 1947 wiring, dropped doors tired leather.....did not want to start (did yesterday....) eventually ran on 3. So not driven. Probably too much of a project, but the market is strange and as it is rare (one of 200 built) someone might pay up!