The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Hub Removal.
I did not join the discussion on this subjuct when it cropped up under another post recently, as I did not have any pictures, but when I took the hubs off the special today I kept the camera handy.

My method is to fit a plain nut to one of the studs, and TIGHTEN it hard, (or the stud will loosen). Run on one or two more nuts to protect the thread. Then fit a large pry bar between the nuts and the hub, with it's handle wedged on the floor. With the hub held like this I have never had any trouble removing the nut, despite considerable force being need

[attachment=13624]

A 33mm. socket fits the nut, and a 3/4" Tee bar with a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer finishes the job.

[attachment=13624]

I know nothing beats having the right tool, but this saves forking out £45 for somethihg you may only use once.   Cliff.

Still haven't got the hang of it. The pictures were suposed to be in the text, (where it now says attatchment)! Where did I go wrong?

Attached Files
.jpg   P4150006.JPG (Size: 108.95 KB / Downloads: 165)
.jpg   P4150005.JPG (Size: 100.43 KB / Downloads: 165)
I would never dream of paying L45 for a jig. Some scrap yards here will sell steel oddments for little more than what they pay. A circle can be cut out of a plate by drilling multple small holes and an angle iron bar attached to. I chance to have a lathe and have just made one by enlarging the centre of the backplate off a larger car, with the refinement that a neat fit over centre. Some were advocating a whopping 150 ib ft......... A bit much for the pry bar method. On Girling cars can try wedging the djusters.
If removing the whole axle slacken in place first.