The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an Ulster Style Screen - Any Advice
    As I said above I bought two for £157
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(16-04-2021, 08:08 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: As I said above I bought two for £157

But that's an aero screen, not an Ulster winscreen.

And you can't do this with an aero screen 

(16-04-2021, 08:08 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: As I said above I bought two for £157

Sorry - thread drift, but Derek - do you have a special account with SC, or did you manage a 20% discount somehow?? They are normally 72... so worth knowing!
The chummy screen I believe is too narrow for an Ulster, so you would have to extend it. You would do better to find the top half of an Austin 12 screen or other type of the same pattern, to cut down. the bottom rail and side channel sections are fairly common to most 1920’s cars. You will then need to extend the side sections to circa 10” by splicing in a piece and silver soldering. You’ll also need to block off the windscreen wiper and one of the pinch bolt holes which will be invariably be in the wrong position to suit an Ulster. Hood bracket hook dimensions are in the Gould book and can be secured with 2ba c/s screws to the side pieces. You’ll also have to make up the box shaped glazing retaining clips. Hopefully you have access to silver soldering facilities?
Oops , misread that one.

JonE,
Bought it through EBay.
There’s two on there now for £130 , no bids
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.