The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SM5 control panel brass insert
I'll have one of these on my list for Beaulieu, but have others successfully fixed the brass insert on the rear in-situ without disturbing the riveted screw terminal which holds the original in place?
Best course of action from experience, please?!
Hi Jon

A very steady hand with a fine soldering iron.  Make sure the strip is very very clean and use electricians flux and flux cored solder.

Cheers

Howard
I just run a separate wire connected to the relevant terminals.
hi jonE,

if you want to do the job properly.

i think im the only one who has been stoopid enough so far to make the replacements.

im still not sure yet, what im doing about 750 beaulieu. but ill let the forum know in advance if i will be there and in what capasity.

it sounds like im in a simular position to other traders. " to many unpaid hours needed to replenish the trays".

as its been 18 months since my last austin 7 stall, the trays are very depleated. most of the good old spares in them has been sold on ebay Big Grin . it would take 100s hours to check the condition of the parts to put back in the trays. and thats just the old stuff.

i recon another 40 hours. i dont want to do, to replenish the new parts trays.

so as suggested before, it may do pre-orders only? less preperation time.

tony