The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side curtain
(08-04-2021, 05:49 PM)David.H Wrote: Fine for legless passengers..........

You think I would put passengers in the back of a Chummy? With an original '27 body (alloy wheel arches etc)?

Nooooo!!!!
You think I would put passengers in the back of a Chummy? With an original '27 body (alloy wheel arches etc)?

Here's a little-known picture of the Austin Work's testers, loaded with the Bunter twins, about to run a high-speed test on a stretch of Belgium pavé. Sadly, after just one mile, the back of the car snapped off, dumping the unfortunate twins into the road. Austin responded immediately by ignoring the problem - until they were forced, after a soul-searching delay - to beef things up by fastening two strips of Meccano to the rear of the chassis.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nicely photoshopped Tony, but the twins look just a bit too big...(and you can see the join, as Eric said to Ernie)
Nicely photoshopped Tony, but the twins look just a bit too big...(and you can see the join, as Eric said to Ernie)

I know, I know - just a 2-minute knock-up! As the details improve, the time needed to get them right expands exponentially...