The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Mann
I understand that Dave has suffered an accident on his bike. Get well soon Dave and in future, stick with an Austin Seven.
Sue & Brian Hutchings
Thanks Brian, December 15 was a nice day and for the second time that day I cycled to the Post Office only in the intervening 2 hours ice had formed on the road and I found myself sliding down the road, no other vehicles were involved. A visit to A & E caused the doctor some difficulty in diagnosing the problem , two sets of x ray photo showed nothing wrong then a CT scan revealed a crack to the right pelvis socket, so I'm driving a zimmer frame.
Sorry to here that dave,

Hope your recovery goes well.

Tony.
Look after yourself. Hope you're fully fit & mobile again soon.
Four wheels better than two! Hope you will be driving again soon.
(28-12-2017, 11:08 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: Four wheels better than two! Hope you will be driving again soon.
Best of Luck, Dave.  It's easy to be clever after the event, but  I've been conscious of the possibility of a mishap on a bike since the then current owner of the 40s Maserati 4CL I was asked to race, let his bag slip into his bike's front spokes, turned a somersault and was killed.  Very sad, but easily done.  Good to hear you were much  more fortunate.   Dave, could you email me please, have mislaid your snail mail address.  Cheers,  Bill
Thanks for your kind comments, the doctor said 6 weeks, which the same as my wrist required 3 years ago. You can find my e mail address in the back of the A7CA grey mag under RN register Bill
Had a visit to the fracture clinic yesterday, and the doctor reports it appears to be healing well, just another 4 weeks to go. I also managed to get exchange that zimmer frame for more usable elbow crutches. Just jealous of you lot whizzing around in your Sevens.