The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track rod shortening
    In the process of building a dropped Sports axle. I now notice that there is not enough thread on tracking bar to achieve the correct toe in. 
Question 1. What is the thread ( I suspect that it’s a weird and wonderful Austin thread or pre ww2  Naval thread).
Question 2. Do you know of an alternative method to achieve the desired effect.
Thanks
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Is the adjustment bottoming out Derek?

If so, you can remove a little off the end and it will wind on further in my experience.

3/4" x 20 tpi is the correct thread.
I generally find even with a standard axle they are to long so I add some thread and trim the ends if required.
Assumimg it not a bowed and shortend axle, I suspect they straighten out over time with parking effort and machanics despairing of the coarse toe in adjustmnet. With great care not to mar the surface or kink the curves can be rstored.
Get it bowed to match the axle. or cut sleeve and braze in the middle.
I bought a die on Flea bay for £13 , perfect. Thanks
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
It wouldn't happen to be a wider tracked Big 7 track rod would it?
Hi Dennis, no a standard Ruby type, needed shortening due to having the axel turned into a sports replica which narrows the beam slightly