The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Nippy
Another period photograph for your delectation. Note windscreen and deflectors

Good morning Robert,
                               Many thanks for yet another wonderful photo. The big surprise for me (but then I know nuffink) is that Nippies were made LHD. Any still around/for sale as I'm always looking for LHD 7's.
Thanks again Robert, Regards Charlie.
Is this a German licence-built Willys-Overland-Crosley Nippy?
I'm sure it is Martin.  
Womble36 - I recommend getting hold of Klaus Gebhardt's book, Austin und Willys aus Berlin. This give details and good photos of both the Nippy and Speedy in LHD configurations. Around 18 Sevens made at the Willys factory in Aldlershof Berlin factory are known to exist, the oldest a Box saloon from 1932. Even Mr. Hitler had the pleasure of viewing a LHD Nippy at the 1935 Berlin Motor Show!!
very different pattern to the ones we think are factory on UK 1937 cars....
About ten years ago a red restored WOC Nippy was for sale in Germany, there was an article about it in the Dutch magazine. It was told it had VDO metres on the dash witch surprised me because mine WOC Ruby had them from Smith, all in metric, speedo in KM, feulgauge in litres etc. Only the oil presurre was in PSI, I presume in Bar (or Atmosfhere as it was called then) next to nothing which was scary for the owners. Sadly My Ruby was lost so can't give you any more details about it.
And in colour...it's a shame that the bodywork lacks highlights; makes colouring much harder!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karlstor, Munich, March 1936,

and again, 9 years later.

Amazing pictures. A bit of historical back ground to the top one.
29 March 1936 was the date for the Reichstag "elections" There was only one party and only one name on the ballot paper! The purpose of the ballot (the only question on it) was to authorise ( legitimise) the militarisation of the Rheinland which was forbidden under the Versailles treaty, but which took place earlier that month.
Nazi democracy at work!
The jeep is towing what looks like a Bantam trailer! Almost Sevens in both pictures!

Two very sad photographs but this is how the modern Karlstor looks today.