The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - April 2021
I'm not into Photshop, but the car appears to be in good condition, with no sign of the wings having touched anything, but the apparently black screen frame is out of keeping with all the other DeLuxe features: trafficators, sliding roof, rear window blind and chrome headlights of the shape used on later RPs. A very good picture making the car the important feature.
Yet my 33 car, pre semaphores, has a chrome on brass screen... (and a droopy door, which obviously was introduced after the semaphores)
When I bought my '33 saloon in 1970, it had been painted black all over. When it was repainted and I rubbed down the black paint back in prep, I exposed the original blue beneath. That was *so* dark, it wouldn't surprise me at all that the car in the original photo is a blue and black saloon...
(01-04-2021, 01:03 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Yet my 33 car, pre semaphores, has a chrome on brass screen... (and a droopy door, which obviously was introduced after the semaphores)

My '33 standard saloon also has a chrome windscreen surround.
Picture of the month April 2020?  Have you been in hibernation as well as lockdown?
Well done, Robin; it was April 1st! Now corrected.