The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Identity of "The Italian Job"??
Dear Each
I recently came across an Austin 7 for sale in Italy, but I have no idea as to what model it is.  I am pretty sure that the body was not made by Austin but as you can see from attached photo "P", it's Chassis Number is 81601 and it's AMC Car Number is A8-4167, which would indicate that the rolling chassis was produced by the Austin factory in April 1929. 
Can anyone please help to identify which coachbuilder made this unusual Austin 7?
I had christened it "The Italian Job"!
Cheers
Jim

Attached Files
.jpg   P.JPG (Size: 79.78 KB / Downloads: 454)
.jpg   A.JPG (Size: 88.35 KB / Downloads: 454)
.jpg   C.JPG (Size: 84.94 KB / Downloads: 454)
.jpg   D.JPG (Size: 69.4 KB / Downloads: 453)
.jpg   E.JPG (Size: 113.75 KB / Downloads: 454)
.jpg   J.JPG (Size: 105.83 KB / Downloads: 453)
.jpg   K.JPG (Size: 100.88 KB / Downloads: 453)
.jpg   N.JPG (Size: 107.89 KB / Downloads: 453)
What a fabulous little car; the body looks to be authentic 1929 with more recent (late 1930s?) wings to match the small wheels. No idea of the identity of the coachbuilder, presumably Italian.
From the doors and general body shape looks like a factory built Chummy with a roof added?
Agree with Stuart, its even got a chummy screen
Hi All

Lovely proportions except for the headlights  Angry.

Cheers

Howard
Over the last few years we've seen here and on the Facebook group a number of strange little one-off Sevens, all originating from Spain. Following the Civil War there was apparently quite a cottage industry creating "new" cars from the remains of unrelated donors, combined with the efforts of local coachbuilders. Some of these were quite well done.

I think that's what we have here. As Stuart suggests, the basic body is almost certainly a Chummy. The rear wings could be from a pre-war Fiat Topolino.

An interesting machine!
new identity will be at Gaydon if anyone passing....

but a body number would suffice...!
The screen is too narrow to be a chummy one, Hedd.
There look to be a lot of similarities to the RK saloon. Dashboard, seats, windscreen size, under bonnet, and petrol tank