The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange replies to posts: Hackers?
There are a number of sometimes odd or justĀ insulting replies appearing to posts.
They look like hackers are getting inĀ rather than real replies.

For the management to check?

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Anyone suspecting spammers, or otherwise, should use the report button, see below.

.png   Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 07.45.41.png (Size: 14.46 KB / Downloads: 418)

That will go straight to the various Admin, who will act on it very quickly.
Thanks R. have done so for the insulting one.
It's the number of odd 'reported' posts against apparent normal threads which adds confusion and as you can't put an explanation in the 'report' button I thought I would post to add context. Could be the Management have already removed posts leaving the 'reported' post standing oddly, but something definitely wrong somewhere.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Bit like the VSCC forum, currently receiving disruptive messages saying that the club should be for people who want to take their TR 2 to a race meeting behind their Porsche SUV. Oops, did I say that, or just think it. Yours, Glad to be Grey of Govilon.
Hmm yes Andy, when I report a spam post I usually add a short post to inform others that it's already been reported, otherwise admin may be deluged with duplicate reports. If the spam is deleted though and my post still stands it looks like I've reported the last innocent in the thread! Perhaps I should re-think.
Chris,

Including the user name of the spammer in the post saying it has been reported should solve you problem.
I have just had an email claiming to be from DVLA saying that there is not enough money in my account to pay for the car tax! No money in the account should sort out the Ruby and the SORN Chummy, so I'll not worry about that. What is somewhat worrying is that any poor soul would actually take seriously such a scam, and give the thieves access to their account details
Steve, As a long time subscriber to Which? (The Consumers Association), they recommend reporting the types of scam email you've received to Action Fraud link below:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk
Jeff, if it happens again I will do what you recommend.