The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1934 Speedometer
The needle in speedometer of my 1934 saloon seems to be stuck although the mileage reading still adds up ok. Does anyone know if that could be fixed? I would be disappointed to lose the original mileage if have to fit replacement but will if needs must. Any help welcome within 20 miles of Westbury Wilts. Thank you.
Is it stuck at zero? I found with mine that the pin on which the needle rests had a very fine rubber sleeve and this sleeve had gone sticky with age. Carefully removing it solved the problem.
Does it look like it's recently been titivated/restored? My needle had been repainted and I had a similar issue to Peter - stuck.
If necessary, I think it is possible to set the replacement to the required mileage.

The recording dials can be pushed round with a pin, if I remember correctly.

You don't have to add thousands of mile with an electric drill on the end of the cable.

I think I may have one you could experiment on, if needed.

It is a moving figure type, but I think the mileometer bits are the same.

I am 11 miles from Westbury.
Every used car salesman knew how to alter mechanical mileage meters and diid! On one of the club sites has an excellent aticle on speedos, but beyond removing the glass not for the impatient or clumsy.