The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
National Austin Seven Rally 2021
That's if you can get a B&B Tony - domestic holidays will be booked solid this year.

For us the trip wouldn't be viable without overnight camping.
Hi chris,

Very true.

2 nights for september beaulieu cost me £350.

So the joke of a £5000 fine for non essential flights? Would still be cheaper than centre parks Big Grin  could be more than just a joke.

Tony.
As Chris notes.

With work we've got gangs of men all over the country working on infrastructure projects. They work as a bubble, and we generally like to put them up in a house if the period is prolonged - Generally Air BnB or Similar. If for the odd night etc its Premier Inn/ Travelsplodge etc. We have had men in England Wales and Scotland, also Northern Ireland. Me included.

However with the release of lockdown and the unlikelihood of foreign holidays, we are expecting to find that accommodation becomes a serious problem for us because of what Chris says. To date the biggest problem we have faced is food, with pubs all shut during the more serious lockdowns.

The poor sods seem to live on cold food or takeaway. Last night I got a watsapp of the gang currently at Portchester Castle at 9pm sat on the bridge they are installing eating a KFC Banquet!. Thats why we have tried to get houses wherever possible, so the boys can cook for themselves.

And touch wood, in the 10months in this job, not one employee has contracted Covid to our knowledge.

Personally I believe the risk posed by Covid to the general population has been overstated, particularly by the media. I don't doubt that the NHS has been stretched, and that the various lockdowns have been necessary to protect the vulnerable, and keep capacity within the NHS manageable.

However with the rollout of vaccines which seem to protect very well indeed against serious illness and death, even with the currently known mutations, there must come a point where the world must go back to some normality. That point needs to be balanced, not just from a risk of Covid to the vulnerable, but balanced against the damage done by lockdowns, economical. Mental health etc etc.

I have a 12 year old daughter, pre covid was outgoing, bubbly and happy. After 12months of this nonsense she is withdrawn nervous and sullen. The risk to her mortality presented by covid is liekly to be akin to finding an EA sports in next doors garden shed. Whereas her mental health has been severely affected by a lockdown which offers her little protection.

I don't doubt there are risks for the future, Covid isn't going anywhere, its here to stay. Whilst it may not be to everyones choice or taste. We may have to accept vaccine passports, and those who will not accept a vaccine may well have to accept that fundamentally it is at their risk. The rest of us need to carry on without worrying about them. There is also a risk of mutation and we may end up at square 1 again.

My comments may seem heartless, but some of you may well have known my father. He passed away just over 5 years ago now. He wouldn't have his flu jab, caught the H1N1 Swine Flu. Didn't really take any notice of the advice of his doctors. Caught Pneumonia, ended up on a ventilator, and suffered a Pulmonary Embolism as a complication not long after he recovered enough to come off the ventilator. This was game over. This probably sounds familiar to many who have lost relatives to Covid. However, thats life. People get ill and people die.

We must accept that because of Covid, life expectancy of all, particularly the elderly and infirm is going to be decreased as a result of Covid. If you are old and infirm it might mean you need to change your lifestyle, so that the rest of the world can carry on.

The management of Covid by the various governments has simply been so that too many people dont get ill at the same time, and over run the hospitals. So that each patient gets a fighting chance.
Hedd, That is the best summary of the current situation I have read. Sadly we seem to be working towards elimination/zero risk. With 99% of the population who are likely to die from Covid now vaccinated, surely we should be allowed to take some personal responsibility.
David. Quite.

I believe public sentiment is fast growing on this front.
as a complete coward to the needle myself, i beleive a high mumber wont have it. BECAUSE they are scared of the needle not whats in it.

i done my bit 20 mins ago as a coward to the needle, i had my jab. its not for me. its for "everyone else" lets face it, i supply austin 7 parts to mainly over 50s. if not mainly over 70s so why wouldnt i get jabbed.

in principle, i beleive those brave enough to be jabbed should be allowed to take more personal responsability,

but that dont work, as soon as we have to produce a card etc. to show we have been jabbed. someone will be seelling fakes on ebay by the million.

also remember under your personal responsibility, the jab is only 93% effective after the second jab. its not a get out of jail free card.

your personal responsibility, doesnt give you the right to go were you want and do what you want. your responsinility is to NOT be a part of the remaining 7%. 

this is why the decision of anything i do at the moment is left late, including standing at the 750 event. or even attending at all.

the next month will be a big un, next weekend is easter. the weather forcast is good. and every dipstick that hasnt been jabbed yet is going to run to the beach. lets see what that does to the rise in new casses.

sorry for this thread turning into a covid one, but it is the thing that will decide wether we have an event or not.

tony.
"the jab is only 93% effective after the second jab". Just to allay fears, no vaccine is 100% effective but, what it always does is mitigate the severity of the disease. The latest US survey shows that, so effective is the Oxford-AZ vaccine that, if if you catch Covid, so mild will be the symptoms that you'll never end up in hospital - let alone on a ventilator. Booster jabs have just been announced for the over-70s from September - with a sub-announcement that anyone turning up in an A7 must be so tough that money will be saved by using an old, blunt needle on them...
Hi all, Tony I totally agree with you the jab is not a licence  too do what you want, we are still a long way from what we call freedom. 1 jab Phillips. S&P Sick
Bring on my second jab!
I got my second jab on 1/1/2021, one of the very earliest, but unfortunately I am qualified by old age!