The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login problems
Dear austinsevenfriends forum users,

as we have to keep the forum software "up to date" to minimise security and functionality issues with newer PHP-versions on servers, we do this on a regular basis.

It looks like, that the developers of the software changed something during the last updates (we can't really figure, which one), that produces massive login problems on some systems. We are working on those problems, but as always with computers, sometimes they are not even replicable on the same system.
So far, for us it looks like an issue mainly on mac OS based systems (iPad, iPhone, Macs), but not on every system.

Now it's hard for us to figure the combination of operational system, browser, login/logout behavior and problem occurance, so could you please answer this thread with included informations about your setup?
For those, who are constantly locked out and can't post answers: could you send an email with those infos, please?

Trying to register again does not solve the problem, as the sotware "knows you"...
"killing" you manually would delete all your valuable postings and keeping the postings while deleting you keeps the knowledge of you in the system.
It's a vicious circle.

"Funny" thing is, it looks like about four years ago they had an comparable issue with the software, but the problem solving code from back then is already implemented in the actual software...

We are really sorry for the inconvenience and hope we can solve the problem fairly quick.
Stay with us and try to provide information about the issue, even if you think, it might be unimportant.

We'll keep you informed about our progress,
kind regards
The Management

[Image: manage_logo.png]
MacBookAir Dual Core (Early 2014)
MacOS Big Sur V 11.2.3

Orange Internet service / router

Mostly OK BUT can't access the Hints and Tips page - just comes up blank (waited for 40 seconds)

Bob Humphrey France
I have no problems
No problem on Windows PC/Iphone/Samsung Android
Kind regards
Barry Townsend
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Everything’s fine here for me, Windows7 & iPad OS14.4
Firefox on both.
An initial glitch on my android mobile suggested trouble but an hour or three later it was working fine again. I assumed the sierver was down...

...but the quote button doesn't seem to work.
IOS 10.3.4 can't access at all

PC win 10x64 works on Chrome (usual browser) but logging using Edge or Firefox it doesn't display the logo, only MyBB.
On a Win 10 laptop through Chome I cannot logout. I remain permanently logged in on this device and have not had to log in for months. I get the correct logo.

On the same laptop using Edge, where I have not logged in ever, I get the MyBB logo instead of the Friends logo but I can log in *and* out using both the Ids I have in the system.

iPad running OS 14.4.1 I can't login and get the 'Authorisation code mismatch error'

On my iPhone running OS 12.5.1 I remain logged in (I occasionaly look at the forum on it, more frequently than the iPad) and am unable to log out.

hth...
On a Win 10 laptop through Chrome I cannot logout. I remain permanently logged in on this device and have not had to log in for months. I get the MyBB logo.

On the same laptop using Edge, where I have not logged in ever, I get the MyBB logo instead of the Friends logo but I can log in *and* out
Logged in OK but have MyBB logo instead of the Austin Seven one. Chrome Browser on Windows 10.