The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Ruby family from Helmut Kasimirowicz
Another lovely, semi-contemporary shot from the Facebook collection of Helmut Kasimirowicz
Click the image for a high-resolution picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1950s I suspect, from the Ford Popular in the background.
I'm really surprised by your colorizing. It obviously "adds" something, even if I can't put my finger on it!
Thanks.
Yes, there are several sides to the colouring of B & W photographs e.g. some people want them to look like contemporary pictures, all of which have tonal graduations and a "look" of the time; others want them as if taken today. About ten hours of detailed handwork on a simple picture gives a result appearing 95% authentic, but my conversions are based on an automatic system that takes away 80% of the struggle. This is followed by around 30 to 60 minutes worth of detailing by hand to improve colour balance and hide some of the AI-induced "artifacts". The result, happily, is usually more like a colour shot from the late 1930s than something taken today (colour film as we know it today being introduced by Kodak and Agfa in 1936/37).
I supposed there was indeed a serious effort from your part to obtain those results. What I see above is more depth in the scene. The B&W seems "flat" the coloured one has depth of field. I suppose it's the brain which adds it? Anyway, for me it works!
Well done Tony.
Love the elongated side lights....
Denis S
..and the headlamps - an artifact from the original photograph. In addition, I suspect that the picture might have been taken with flash.