The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Replica Tax Discs
(18-03-2021, 06:41 PM)John P Wrote: Just shows that however much you try to research something it always seems possible to get something wrong!

Since my earlier post I did find this:-

"The vehicle excise duty was first introduced in the United Kingdom in 1889, but the requirement to display a paper tax disc on the vehicle came into force on 1 January 1921.   Initially, tax discs were issued for one year (annual) to 31 December, or for three months (quarterly) to 24 March, 30 June, 30 September or 31 December."

Not sure how much I trust the internet now as the above contradicts other information on-line but it does seem to be supported by your genuine tax disc.

John.

I seem to recall that this was the case right up to the late sixties.
You could certainly tax the car for a shorter period - was it three months or four? - but it was no longer restricted to the calendar quarters, it could be for any three (or four) months.
Thanks Barry all received much appreciated
Denis S
Just wondering if anyone knows the technical name of the font used for the 2286593 serial number on these old discs.
Thanks.