The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart lr4 for sale
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/194139...4051296304

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   d2c1a1ffceb0d90befc062878015b3107c6d6298.jpg (Size: 93.99 KB / Downloads: 463)
Lovely. But it does amuse me when people put on just a few photos - three in this case; the briefest of descriptions; and say 'give us four grand...' The French do it with property as well. There are some absolute howlers out there. Out of focus, pointed at the floor or ceiling, upside down, close up of the loo etc etc. 

By contrast the Yanks mostly go so far over the top as to be out of sight. Fifty+ good photos is not uncommon with their internet listings for car sales - from up, down, in, out, under and round.
I paid e3000 for each of mine in not too dissimilar condition . It entailed a lot of work, but you get something different but some ways the same as your Austin.
If anybody in the UK buys it please put me in contact.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(09-03-2021, 07:33 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Lovely. But it does amuse me when people put on just a few photos - three in this case; the briefest of descriptions; and say 'give us four grand...' The French do it with property as well. There are some absolute howlers out there. Out of focus, pointed at the floor or ceiling, upside down, close up of the loo etc etc. 

By contrast the Yanks mostly go so far over the top as to be out of sight. Fifty+ good photos is not uncommon with their internet listings for car sales - from up, down, in, out, under and round.
Unfortunately, the site used only allows three pictures. Crazy really - and you are right about the photographic quality - out of focus, dark and, for example, with piles of tyres on top of a lathe somebody is trying to sell together with the briefest of descriptions.
This is probably a naive question...but is it unusual for Rosengarts to be RHD?
Hi,
Not at all. In fact french cars in the beginning of the XXth century were indifferently either rhd or lhd.
as a matter of fact to the best of my knowledge Rosengarts were RHD at least until WWII. A Dutch Pre-war advertisement for Rosengart cars even boast of these cars being RDH and claims it as a major advantage (even on pre-war Dutch roads......where LDH cars were already the norm..) Post war they changed to LHD for the continent
As Michael d  says Rosengarts were all right hand drive when based on the Austin seven design. Rosengart did work with Adler from circa 1936 producing rather larger cars , left hand drive. 
When I asked a French Rosengart owner the same question he answered “ all quality French cars of the period were right hand driver so that the chauffeur could leap out and open the door on the kerb side for his passengers”. I’m going with that.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.