The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supercharged Ulster
(01-03-2021, 09:26 PM)Erich Wrote: If I read the notes on the register correctly, this is a special with a body constructed by one Les Montgomery and based upon, not an Ulster, but another sports version. Am I correct? It seems a low auction price if a genuine blown EA Sports.

Erich in Mukilteo

That does depend upon how much faith you have in the register. 
I'd wait for the auctioneers to provide a description in due course, and perhaps some key details like gearbox, engine and body numbers 

Charles
Lets face it, the number of 'genuine' Ulsters/EA, or whatever you want to call them can be counted on the fingers of one hand (perhaps even no hands).

Nice to see a well built replica with touring trim, I maybe miss informed, but the crankcase looks like a pukka blown job (Charles?) Not a converted Standard mag case? from the very limited pics.

Is it worth the estimate? compared to the crap usually advertised by the trade as Ulster Replicas at 25k etc. I'd say possibly. Just go in with your eyes open
thought the same erich, if its original. then that must be cheap.

but even if thats an original engine, what value does that add. ive sold unrestored unblown engines for £11k and  £12k so is an original blown engine working £25k.

itll be interesting to see what it sells for, but it wont be from my pocket.

tony
(01-03-2021, 09:40 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote:  but the crankcase looks like a pukka blown job (Charles?) Not a converted Standard mag case? from the very limited pics.

Correct.
There aren't many replicas with that oil feed/oil pressure valve arrangement, and this almost certainly isn't one.

Charles
This is a genuine car.
It was bought by Mike Bills from the Sothebys auction sale when the contents of the 'Pembrokeshire Motor Museum' were disposed of in 1983.
It was, and hopefully still is, the correct and original chassis, running gear, fittings and original body, number 27.
The original engine, 8 stud, had been replaced pre-war with a later [un-numbered) 10 stud blown type.
I was at the sale with Mike Bills and trailered the purchase back to Kent.
When we had it it didn't look like it does now!
It looks like a late blown crankcase with the PRV,Body plates appear original.Very shiny body but I think been standing/stored for sometime and the engine may need checking over before use ?
For those with sharp eyes there are some tell tail signs hidden in the floor pan construction that would indicate an original floor. Certainly looks good.
Very nice looking car. I would like to see the body numbers and better shots of the engine if I was to bid... especially for that kind of money! Speedo and some of the other instruments don’t look correct but the pics don’t show enough of what I would want to see ?
There was an idiot on facebook who bought himself a box saloon off the internet sight unseen.

But I doubt there are many idiots with this sort of money burning a hole in their pocket that would do the same for this. Get your arses down to Leominster and have a look
(01-03-2021, 10:33 PM)Henry Harris Wrote: I was at the sale with Mike Bills and trailered the purchase back to Kent.

So was I but as I had only just made double figures age wise was probably more interested in the Beano and Vimto I enevitably got while waiting for the "grown ups" to come out of the pub while I "looked after the cars" in the car park.  Smile