The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrol Pump Priming Lever Spring
The AC pumps on Sevens and contemporary cars usually have a priming lever. The return spring is horseshoe shaped and nests under the lever. I have couple of pumps where the spring is broken. Please are there any suggestions where replacement springs might be obtained. There is nothing in the Red Cross Directory and I have yet to find these with my regular suppliers of parts.
Ron
Ron, you can use these pumps with a broken spring. Mine has been broken for the last 7 years and like you I cannot find a replacement. Just move the priming lever up and down manually but remember to make sure it’s in the downwards position when you have finished.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Or in the up position as an anti theft device.
Thanks Dicke65. I had never though of that.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Thanks John for your comment. Both my cars have pumps with OK springs. I am putting together a pump for a friend and thought I would make up a spare for myself from my pile of bits. It seemed sensible to fit a good new spring as part of this process. The response so far suggests that no new spares are being made - all to do with setting up costs vv demand I suppose. All a bit sad as the required shape is just a bigger version of the mousetrap spring, with the wire having probably the same gauge and spring rate.
Fingers crossed for a reader to yet to say they have found a supplier Dodgy
Ron