The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Coleman's Drive book
What a fantastic selection of extra pics R!
I read the book several years ago and passed it on to another enthusiast (bookshelves are already overstuffed!) but wish those pics had been available as I read.
When I last looked at this yesterday there were 3 posts. This morning there's 21. Couldn't see why there should be that many until I looked. Super pictures, Ruairidh. Like Duncan says, wish they could've have been available when first reading the book. The early ones in particular are very poignant. It looks very isolated and lonely out there. I wonder if it's even possible to do such a journey these days given the political and crime situations in some of the south american countries.

Steve
If you have all those photos they're begging to be published in a Flickr album (or similar) to allow the book to be re-read (again) with the benefit of a Kodachrome support package.
Thank you R superb - what a treat.
Thank you for the pics Ruairidh. Were these originally in the "proper" book - not the the shorter version?
Stephen
Fantastic posts Ruairidh, a piece of A7 history.

Bert
Stunning ??
Fabulous. Thanks for posting Ruairidh. John Colemans book started my A7 journey after I borrowed it (several times) out of the school library, aged about 12. By the time I was 16 I had my current RP. Now 66 and it hasn't worn off yet.
Being new to A7s I hadn't read this book, but it seems it is a "right of passage" into this world and my copy arrived from ebay today - I shall start tonight!
It's worth having a look at the car in Gaydon (when allowed) after reading the book.