The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Propshaft
Be aware that there were/are dud new fabric couplings out there. Talk to your supplier.
 New adapter flange from club spares should not have required adjustment of your components, again talk to your supplier. If it's wrong manufacture they need to know, if your components are not from the  year models you described , you need to know.
(20-01-2021, 09:44 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: Which model Seven had a propshaft like this? It's the second I've come across in a year with fabric coupling on the front and Hardy Spicer on the rear.

Pages 55 and 56 of the Parts List for the War Office contract V.2816, June 1936

Shocked 
The hollow diameter of an A7 prop-shaft is just an exact nice push fit onto the front stub of the prop-shaft of a Morris Minor.
Just need to cut round in front of the weld of MM front end and left with U/J with stub sticking out backwards. Stub is a nice push fit in A7 hollow.
We won't mention the reason for wanting shorter prop-shaft and MM U/J with gearbox splined end.  Wink
Its an A series in a Nippy I suspect. I remember one at Longbridge in 1982 it had padlocks on the bonnet !!
You are correct dickie, will be quite a short propshaft knowing how long the tailhousing is on an A series Gbox.
Not an A exactly. Not an A box.....begins with a T.
The A box to 7 prop was for when it had the A engine and box......wasn't too short a prop. Next stage needs bit shorter prop.....yet to measure.
Totally irrelevant to thje subject, but can anyone please help with Dave Mann'x latest email adress?  The one in the latest Assoc. Grey Mag has just been knocked back.   Appreciate help.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
The one in the A7CA 2021A magazine is the correct one.