The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION for Ruairidh
Hi Ruairidh,
On the post on fan blades you have a Dynamator on the coil engine,are you happy with the way it is performing.
 Cheers Colin
Hi Colin,

this is the 6v prototype - due to go into production in January and yes, so far it appears to be a very good item.
Ruairidh, in your opinion, would the much improved charging of the new dynamo, mean that LED light conversion and cost could be now dispensed with?

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
In theory - yes.

I will report on the successes or otherwise of this in the future...
(20-12-2017, 09:55 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Hi Colin,

this is the 6v prototype - due to go into production in January and yes, so far it appears to be a very good item.
Ruairidh,

I recently purchased a Dynamator, my”Barn find RP” had few electrical components so it was more cost effective to do it this way, I will use conventional 12 volt bulbs etc.
It is my intention to connect the B terminal via the ammeter to the battery, there is no cutout/regulator fitted, the D terminal connects directly to the Plc Switch.
It has been suggested that I should put a fuse in the main feed to the battery. Is this a good idea and what effect will it have on the Dynamator if a fault causes an open circuit?
I will still use a fuse on the auxiliary circuits.

Roger
Hi Roger,

Your best bet is to speak with Accuspark direct - I can only describe what I have done to make the one I have work on the Pearl.
(21-12-2017, 07:55 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Hi Roger,

Your best bet is to speak with Accuspark direct - I can only describe what I have done to make the one I have work on the Pearl.
Ruairidh,

I spoke to Accuspark and was asked to send an email, their reply was disappointingly brief:- 
B to battery, and D to D on regulator, no mention of ammeter or fuse.
Hence my post on here hoping an electrical expert may reply.

Roger
That is about it to be honest - it's a pretty simple mod. to get them to work. My wiring loom is standard and the ammeter works fine.

I know very little about electrics beyond wiring it all up I am afraid...