The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Vintage cars on 2 post lifts
Having a couple of questions asked about the scissor lift and being able to use it on larger vehicles I had another look at mine today. I think if you bolted a 3" angle to the outside of the H it would be possible to use it with larger cars with the out reach arms and still fit a 7 sitting on the H.
Not at the same time,of course.
Yes that would make the track wider, do you mean the 900mm wide lift, i am sure the way you have fitted wider channels is the best option the 4mm modification sounds sensible, and i am sure i could devise a way of fixing with a fairly easy way to remove or fit as required on the standard lift , it all depends on the forces that are present when it has the 7 on, is it possible to have a photo of the underside fixing that you have done, it will enable me to visualize better the best option, thank you
Hope this is clear enough Peter,In hindslght I would have used larger section angle and thicker channel instead of extra box section on the outside. Each channel is bolted on with 8 M8 bolts plus the ones bolting the angle to the H section. I purchased the 1050 wide ramp as the Ulster only has 2 1/2" ground clearance to the front brake cross shaft and the ramp is 5" high I think.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for all that help I will post how I got on, may help some others, it has been a great help to me.