The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Screen Washers.
Hello playmates,  Has anyone out there ever considered fitting a screen wash to an 1932 A7 RP.
Got plastered yesterday whilst giving Smiley her morning exercise.
Hello Smiley, I fitted a screen washer in 1971 to my RP. It is of use when passed by a lorry. I use just one jet with a hand operated pump.
A Fairy Liquid bottle filled with water does the job.  You have to wind the window down, though.
(20-12-2017, 09:10 PM)Bill Dixon Wrote: Hello Smiley, I fitted a screen washer in 1971 to my RP. It is of use when passed by a lorry. I use just one jet with a hand operated pump.

Thanks Bill,  Give us a Clue as to how to proceed. Yes I know,  That was 47 years ago. Come on Scratch yer ead a bit and it will all flow back.
Smiley.

(20-12-2017, 09:31 PM)David Anthony Wrote: A Fairy Liquid bottle filled with water does the job.  You have to wind the window down, though.

Hi David, sounds good but would require wearing a Mac as the spray flows back through the window I reckon.

Thanks anyway
Smiley
I have a 1931 RN with screen wash fitted in the workshop just now Smiley - I shall be removing the system and you are welcome to it. Drop me a PM with your address and I will post it off to you in the near future.
Hello Ruairidh, Thank you for your kind offer. Can I ask why you are removing the Screen Wash. I would very much like to take you up on the offer and will give details in a PM. If you do the same I can then reimburse you for the Screen wash together with postage.
Thank you
Smiley
It is not required on this project so you are welcome to it.
I use Rainex on the screen which means I virtually never have to use the wiper.
A Fairy Liquid bottle like David above is fine but I very rarely have need of it.
Jim
(20-12-2017, 08:30 PM)Smiley Wrote: Hello playmates,  Has anyone out there ever considered fitting a screen wash to an 1932 A7 RP.

Hello Smiley,
If you go onto the PWA7C Lincs Group Site members cars,& find my RP then enlarge the picture you can just see the jet mounted
on the bulk head. The jet is 3.5 inches from the edge of the bulk head.
The pump is mounted on a L shaped bracket under the dash panel next to the A post.
The water bottle is on the near side of the bulk head.
When passed by a 42ton lorry the washer comes into its own.
Hope this helps.
Bill
(21-12-2017, 01:57 PM)Bill Dixon Wrote:
(20-12-2017, 08:30 PM)Smiley Wrote: Hello playmates,  Has anyone out there ever considered fitting a screen wash to an 1932 A7 RP.

Hello Smiley,
If you go onto the PWA7C Lincs Group Site members cars,& find my RP then enlarge the picture you can just see the jet mounted
on the bulk head. The jet is 3.5 inches from the edge of the bulk head.
The pump is mounted on a L shaped bracket under the dash panel next to the A post.
The water bottle is on the near side of the bulk head.
When passed by a 42ton lorry the washer comes into its own.
Hope this helps.
Bill

Thank you for the info Bill. I went to the Lincs site and got the pic and yes I can see the jet ok. However I have been offered a screen wash which is being removed from an A7 RN in the near future by Ruairidh Dunford. I have accepted his kind offer and hopefully this will do the trick.
Thank you again for your replies and the excellent pic.