The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tool bag
[center]
.png   satchels.png (Size: 77.64 KB / Downloads: 504) [/center]
Whilst pretending to do some serious admin, I came by chance  upon this picture in the mess of stored but as yet not organised images. The car was not made at Longbridge and the satchels probably not in Northampton.
I like the small windscreen mounted lamp.  If you fastened that to an Austin 7 it would fall over!
Thats 10mph off the top speed
10 mph is just the wind resistance, Turn the lamp on and the driver gets a message from under the bonnet, asking if a generator set could be connected ASAP.
Returning to the origin of this thread, on my RP, I have a canvass tool roll with a selection of the most useful tools, together with a tyre pump and wheel brace under the front passenger seat, whilst the jack, a litre of motor oil, a few spares and some clean rag ( very important!) live under the drivers seat. The jack handle resides under the bonnet attached to the scuttle by a couple of (bespoke made) spring clips.

I do like the 'rabbit lamp' though. I had one (of rather smaller size) on my special. It was fitted with a 60 watt bulb, which didn't half light up the road. It had to be used with discretion, though, as that lamp took as much power as the rest of the lighting set combined!
Big Grin 
I use an old laptop bag Smile
Just a a matter of interest, The nearly 60 year old briefcase in which I carry a selection of tools in our Sevens ( various sizes as over the years BSW/UNC/ BSF/BSF BA and metric fasteners have been used) together with a small socket set got weighed yesterday  It was  a staggering 36 pounds. 
That's without the jack, wheelbrace, and a miriad of spare bits under the seats and the cans of fuel and water in the footwells,

Perhaps i I need to review and downsize to enhance performance?
Perhaps only to illustrate how I waste time on incidentals instead of getting on with work on cars, many years ago I took one of those low flat tins that contain socket sets, altered one end to the shape of the top of a Seven radiator shell, welded on a filler neck, cut out miniature "wings" and "Austin Seven" badges from alluminium, glued them on, jennied the core shape etc into the face.   Result : a (foam-lined to avoid rattles) tin that holds all the smaller items perhaps necessary - jets key, spanners, shifter, tyre levers, pliers, screwdrivers, tube spanners. etc  Unable to supply a photo due to incompetence, but the tin fits neatly under the driver's seat in a Chummy.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
I’ve got an old leather bowls bag for mine (the sport not cooking lol).

It is one of the ones designed for 2 bowls. Looks about right and has straps to keep it closed and a carry handle.

Picked it up pretty cheap as well from memory.

Cheers

Alan
(15-02-2021, 09:40 PM)Spoonbill Wrote: I have been using an ex doctors leather bag for my roadside rebuild toolkit for the last 10 years or so, this is perfectly portable, doesn't hurt the interior of the car and can be easily moved from car to car. Unfortunately this is about to expire and can't seem to find a replacement. What do other members use in their cars please?

I have seen a stethoscope used to good effect in determining worn bearings etc — would be a splendidly appropriate item for your doctor’s bag. 
Hope you find one — might have to be from an earlier age as doctors today probably prefer facetime to personal calls but good luck in your quest.