The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of our Sports guys have a view on this one?
My 65 tank is exactly as per a 1933 box saloon apart from the different filler neck, my tank is original even down to the tinned finish inside. the breather did not come in till the ruby production, the filler neck has loads of solder bodging in the picture. The early 65s did not have the washers welded to the chassis rails because the crankcase was solid mounted, My dec 33 chassis should have solid mount engine.
There was an early 65 liberated from Cornwall a couple of years ago (Ebay for ) for £5000 its was incomplete but unmolested. as Tony mentioned it is a good basis for rebuild. I had a quote of £16000 for a complete new Nippy Body about 5 years ago !!
This one looks better than the Cornwall one and does appear to have deep sump and dd carb although unable to say if Nippy items. Floors appear to have been body Schulzed not a good look, also timber across the door apertures. Not fair to rip it to bits without going to see it though.