The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me... am I too cynical?
Well, I didn't know Wayne used to be a racing driver, he never mentioned that to me.
never mentioned it to me either,, nigel.

its been pointed out, you can buy a more complete ticking tappets ulster bodied car on carandclassic.

although it looks like it has closer relations to a water ski, than an ulster.
Front cross member bracing to reduce the risk of twist... I simply added an additional longitudinal member. Obviously the tubes explain the extensive racing history! ?
Luckily the high bidder saw the error of his ways
hi gene,

now ending with a reserve.

call me cynical if you want, but how strange is it these car kits all have buff logbooks. same as his ulster he is selling,  it has a buff log book.
How about this trials special just appeared on eBay as an alternative Link to eBay listing, the chassis  plate looks to be a new replacement presumably the DVLA would be happy with this?, are correct replica plates not available, the one fitted looks wrong to me? Is the plate the only place the later chassis are stamped?
Chassis plate that appears to be newly stamped, fastened on with a bit of green tape and in the wrong place. And people wonder why the DVLA became a bit more difficult with us!!

Steve
hi mark,

thats a bulkhead plate, rather than the correct chassis plate.

proper chassis plates are available, ive been having them made for the last few years. but i think im the only one up til now.

but they were not made for those to abuse the system, i wont be making future batches.

tony.
To be fair, the chassis plate is rivetted on, the green tape is just masking the number... but nevertheless, it's a repro plate and in the wrong place.
also  notice its a mark one ruby chassis, so the chassis number should be stamped dirrect to the chassis. not on a plate.

the first two numbers on the plate look like "25" is that for a mark two ruby?