The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me... am I too cynical?
Was wondering if I should ask the vendor to fill me in on the extensive racing history... It is a shame that there are no photos

.jpg   20210208_172300.jpg (Size: 146.18 KB / Downloads: 771)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-spec...SwpTtgIDtX
Fibreglass Ulster rep body. No doubt a knackered 3brg engine and a slighly buggered about chassis.
As my old auntie used to say "How Much? You ought to be wearing a mask!"
hi nick,

yes and yes.

i think you should ask him were he raced and what races he won????

also ask him why he ran the back axle upside down. Big Grin

i notice the sellers address is kent. and the GRP body was supplied by ticking tappets. (wayne horn) also kent. 

so would i be right in guessing its wayne horn selling it himself?????

well blow me down with a feather.

thought id check ticking tappets website, and its the same phone number as the seller.

id love to know were and when he raced.
Tony, can’t you see the top secret mods on this chassis that make it a winner!
Surely you know about the upside down axles.
My cynicism at the description led to the title of the thread Tony!

I wonder if he and a mate had a wheelbarrow race or three with the two racing chassis and it came first several times.  I had no plan to ask him directly, but I would love to know more about the pedigree claimed. 

Is his father called Geppetto?
This isn't even faintly funny. I was laughing so much I nearly fell off my chair and injured the dog.
hi nick.

i got that, i was taking the piss. mainly from my previous knowledge of this trader?

gene.

i understand the races that were won, were over 1/2 mile in reverse. very fast i understand. Huh
(08-02-2021, 09:03 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: hi nick.

i got that, i was taking the piss....

Aha... glad we cleared that up... though I am now starting to think he may just be using the oft misquoted PT Barnham no publicity is bad publicity game to spread the news about his new GRP ulsteroids!
A rusty chassis and a free GRP body? Sounds, well, perhaps just a tad unconvincing. Amusing, though...
I have often thought some diagonal brace from the radius rod mount might be helpful, but what is with the two tubes?