The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting Austin Bodywork: 1933 supplement
I have had a couple of messages about my comment on another post about a supplement I found in a 1933 Austin Advocate I was given as an Xmas present. I will scan properly for archive etc, but below is a the highest res photo of the supplement the forum seems to accept. If you click on it you should be able to zoom in and read it.

I note it is no.3 so there are clearly more out there. I found this really interesting in its detail of the paint process, down to curing temperatures, and the sheer number of processes. I wonder if the humble 7 received them all or if it skipped a few of the flattening back stages.

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
What a cracking piece of history, I imagine the seven may have got "the full treatment", looking at the illustration top right under the "S" that could well be a box saloon...in fact it could well be mine!
Or mine. Part of the reason for buying the magazine was that it was a few months after my saloon was registered, so it's first Xmas.
The magazine also came with unexpected other loose bits and pieces including a slip to give to my newsagent to reserve my copy, some postcards to send off to advertisers for more information (who knew just how many manufacturers of radiator muffs there were) and some forms to send away for my free road guides.

Best Xmas pressy for years
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!