The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed limit - approaching the Austin Works
1938 - it was ever thus.  Might the second picture be from nearly the same spot? Click on the image to get a sharper picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Think we've missed the last tram!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
If that was here the tree would have been wiped out by some hoon.
I was intrigued by the roadside hazards in England, stone bridges, walls, gateway entrances etc all on the road edge. And trees.
Agreed by using both lanes could stand no restriction for stock Sevens.
Interestingly my Xmas present was an issue of the Advocate from Xmas 1933 (my car's first Christmas). In it are some articles strongly objecting to any suggestion that speed limits should be brought back to the UK. I think they actually did come back as 30mph in 1934, having been dropped in 1930 for reasons I have never found. One article puts a case for pedestrians to look after themselves and only to worry if cars start driving on pavements.

There is a very un PC article about cars in 'N****o states' in Africa and a detailed review of the best form of car coat for ladies, including Ocelot fur.

The magazine still had its loose inserts, including an interesting flier which I guess would normally be long lost. It is a plan of the Austin paint works with a detailed explanation and description of the 11 paint stages each car goes through.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(08-02-2021, 10:12 AM)Andy Bennet Wrote: The magazine still had its loose inserts, including an interesting flier which I guess would normally be long lost. It is a plan of the Austin paint works with a detailed explanation and description of the 11 paint stages each car goes through.
Andy
Might you be able to scan and post that? As you say, as a loose sheet, few can have survived.

(08-02-2021, 01:16 AM)Rick F Wrote: Think we've missed the last tram!
Don't worry; no doubt the council have a £500 million plan to put them back!
An enquiry has been made on behalf of the Archive to provide scanning facilities and add to the web site...
Can steering column grease be especially easily removed from ocelot fur?