The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raglan Little John lathe?
Here's another who had never ever leave a chuck in the chuck hammered into me.
My school metalwork instructor pointed to a repair in the 1960's flat roof.
That hammered in the lesson about chuck keys, without the need for the then customary clip around the ear.

c
I was about 15 years old at the time, holding the chuck key in the chuck and had my right a4m leaning on the clutch, you can guess what happened...I ended up in hospital with most of the skin off the back of my hand, three fingernails pulled out and the wounds liberally peppered with brass scarf.

Strangely I didn’t really suffer with too much pain until the smiling Irish nurse poured antiseptic all over the wound and the next thing I knew I was in fairyland...I’m very careful working on any of my machines these days.
In the photo of the rusty lathe is a 3 jaw chuck being held by an independent 4 jaw? When working on repetetive parts required to be finished close to concentric, can get close to acheiving this way, using the same key slot every time. Holding a small chuck, including drill chucks in another can often avoid removing the chuck, or the acquisition of various taper adaptors.
In the photo the damage to lathe bed exceeds even the common!