The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very useful tool..
I have a collection of hub spanners - I bought the one below last year and consider it the best of the lot.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Seve...SwzJ5XY9ST

May be of use to some of you.
I bought one last year, excellent bit of kit.
Hi R,

I noticed these several months ago, and they look very nice.

As a supplier, I thought perhaps a bit expensive.

Probably £8.00 worth of laser cutting. Not muck else to do.

I know people want a return of over 100% 

But even with ebay fees, that's £20.00

I guess the other way to look at the price, is hopefully the profit will go back to making more useful parts to keep austin 7s on the road.

Good luck to them.

Tony.
(18-12-2017, 04:13 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Hi R,

I noticed these several months ago, and they look very nice.

As a supplier, I thought perhaps a bit expensive.

Probably £8.00 worth of laser cutting. Not muck else to do.

I know people want a return of over 100% 

But even with ebay fees, that's £20.00

I guess the other way to look at the price, is hopefully the profit will go back to making more useful parts to keep austin 7s on the road.

Good luck to them.

Tony.

A somewhat less expensive alternative is to use an old A7 brake drum and weld a substantial 2' length of bar across it.

It does the same job, just as well as the £45 item, and costs almost next to nothing.
I was very happy to pay the price Tony - but then I usually am if I think it’s going to help me.

I have one of the brake drum types in my collection but think the one on eBay is considerably better on a number of grounds when compared - not least because it sits beneath the rear seat squab.

My favourite one previous to this latest incarnation was an old outer wheel carrier welded to a bar - it too was flat for easy storage.
I just get by with my spare wheel having no centre... Someone will probably now explain why that is going to end in disaster(..?) but it takes up no additional space at all.
Perfect Nick!
(18-12-2017, 05:47 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I was very happy to pay the price Tony - but then I usually am if I think it’s going to help me.

I have one of the brake drum types in my collection but think the one on eBay is considerably better on a number of grounds when compared - not least because it sits beneath the rear seat squab.

My favourite one previous to this latest incarnation was an old outer wheel carrier welded to a bar - it too was flat for easy storage.

I have been given the disc from an old front wheel hub welded to a bar- not as elegant as the lasercut jobby I grant you but it works and was cheap (also good recycling).

Cheers, Tony.
Those of you in NZ can take up on the (discounted) price offered by a local seller Smile

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par...1b3a489ede
Or directly, Marcus Ling who posts here produces and supplies these, I can put anyone in contact if needs be.
Black Art Enthusiast