The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARR Sunroof
Question 
Hi  could anyone tell me the length of the sunroof panel on a mk 2 ruby ARR ( the part that slides )
 Thanks
750 mm
According to Martin P . Their are also Mk2 Rubies with longer roofs.
Martin has been a great help with my roof.
Obviously he has a lot of A7 experience.
You could try him for further help.
Regards
Tim
We've come across ARR sliding panels that are 27 3/4" front to back, 29" (same as ARQ Mk1) and one at 29 3/4". The track width is the same on the ARQ and the ARR, so there may have been some swapping over time.

It would be very useful to us to have as many measurements of ARR roofs as possible. If anyone would be kind enough to measure theirs it would be greatly appreciated.
My ARR measures 28 inches front to back. It is not an original. 

The panel and rails were supplied by the now retired Keith Marriner of Metalwork Developments and the remaining roof parts supplied by Malcolm Bonar for the previous owner. It was fitted by D. S. Trim & Trim Development of Wickford.
As Martin says 27 3/4 “ he has seen.
You can easily loose 1/4” in the curvature.
As long as it fits NO PROBLEM.
Thanks, Mick. We recently acquired Keith Marriner's sunroof jigs and this is one of the confusing factors, as there are differences when compared to our own patterns.

"Tiger" has an original 27 3/4" sliding panel, for which one of our replacement timber kits was too long. This despite the fact that we've supplied plenty before, without any reported problems. We've sent him a replacement set, but I'm keen to know how many different lengths were originally produced.

Fortunately, there is no discrepancy in the width, which is much more critical.
Thanks my panel measures 29inches  but is not the original to the car  I believe it came from a mk 1 ruby ?
As the rails were also to long by about 1 1/2 inches