The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good luck!
1923 log book. £450
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333876048958?ul_noapp=true

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It'd be interesting to see more of it, it looks to be circa 1950s from what I can read of the stamp at the bottom. I guess it wasn't originally a two seater? But looks to have a very nice short registration.
I don't think the document style is correct for the 1950s, the stamped date is probably 1933 - plenty of time for the car to have been modified to a 2-seater.
more important to know what happend to the chassis.

a peice of paper is just a piece of paper, if the chassis comes up for sale. the reg number belongs to the chassis not the piece of paper.

also is the number still available or has it been moved over to a BMW etc.

last of all, i thought the DVLA stopped giving the reg numbers back on continuancy logbooks. they would only give age related numbers on this type of logbook. so you may not even be able to retain the reg number.???

usually ebay remove logbooks early, to stop people duplicating a car that may still exist.

i`d like to know what the chassis number is though, just in case it belongs to my original 1923 chassis that has no paperwork. knowing the cars original reg, fills in its hidtory. even if the number cant be retained.

tony
Tony, is your chassis number between 1000 and 1009?
hi mike,

mine is 17 - -

so if they dont match im safe.

but this is the problem with people selling these documents, the chassis could still be out there. and the number belongs to the chassis. NOT the paperwork.

although i had another look on ebay after my inisial quarry.

and the selling, not necassaraly knowing, is missleading what he is selling.

the document says MANUFACTURER austin. i cant see anywere were is says its for a "7"

or did i miss something, could it actually be for a 12 or 20 etc.

tony
The Chassis number prefix, A1 ..., identifies it as a Seven, not a 12 or 20. (also in Rating line 'G' the document quotes '7')
thanks mike,

i didnt know if the A1 changed on other models.

and that 7 is faint.

tony

ill continue to check the chassis numbers on future documents coming up. that seams to be the only way of finding its original reg number.

you never know, only arount 3000 made in 23 ?

its always nice to see these things pointed out on the forum.

thanks tony.
Probably only about 2000 in 1923, Tony. The general impression is that the Seven was a run-away success from the start, but in fact there were fewer Sevens built in its first full year of production in 1923 than 7hp Jowetts, and half the number of Rover Eights.
well mike,

in that case, the odds are narrowing all the time.

thanks tony.