The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The history of your car
I am genuinly the third owner of my RL Saloon. I received the car as a gift from my employer, a garagre proprieter in 1962. The registration document RF 60, is a continuation document, with first entry 1947. The previouse RF60 has been lost. I know my boss purchased the car from one of his customers, circa 1937. The custimer purchased the car new from Francis Garage Conway Road Colwyn Bay. When I started work 1957, Francis Garage was the Ford Main Dealership, now sadly a Lidyl Supermarket. My boss was a reserved occupation worker during the war years 1939-1946 and the car was in constant use until 1956.
I have made a few half hearted attempts trace the original owner, but it seems Denbighshire CC early records have been lost.
John
I have a similar problem with tracing the history of my own car. My car was first registered in Fife on 4th July 1933. I know nothing of the car's history until the start of the continuation RF60 that came with the car which records a change of ownership on 2nd July 1958. It had three owners 'till 26th July 1973 when the owner previous to me purchased it and owned it until 27th October 2018, when I purchased it.

The Kitson Trust, who now holds many of the Scottish records, provided me with the VE16/1 request form, showing that the records were sent to Cheshire County Council on 22nd August 1973, but having inquired with Cheshire C.C., their archive department say they have no record of the car.
David - did you mean The Kithead Trust?
(20-03-2022, 04:13 PM)Martin Prior Wrote: David - did you mean The Kithead Trust?

Yes.