The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear facing starter & 4-speed box
Hedd. I'm sure you have a good point. The trouble with me is I don't like spending money if it's possible to do it myself, even if it takes many hours. We are tight wads in Sheffield. I used to have a colleague who soldered new fuse wire onto his cartridge fuses and another colleague who wouldn't buy a weeks worth of canteen dinner tickets in case he expired before he had chance to use them all.
Im sure even a Yorkshire man would be capable of hand chain drilling and hand filing the requisite profiles out, should the spend on electric for power tools be prohibitive!.

The welding bit might be more of a problem
It was seeing Dave's car that prompted me to do the conversion, the criteria was to use the original engine with an Andrew Bird close ratio for a heavy RN saloon, and the original starter. It was an interesting exercise and solves the gap between 3 and top and on the Peak District hills I can get away from Sue in a 3 speed RN, the only time I can her car has a lower ratio Regent cw & p.