The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart photo 1929
Well, here's Stuart's entry list:

.jpg   1929 Paris Nice entry.jpg (Size: 71.08 KB / Downloads: 245)

The America cars entered are Oakland, Chrysler and Graham Paige, with Brisson's entry as 'X'. Brisson drove a Stutz at Le Mans in  1928, 1929, 1930, 1931 and 1932, but it's definitely not a Stutz! He could have entered some other American car, though. Nor is the car in the photo an Oakland or a Graham Paige, but it's possible it's the Chrysler of Malaret (no 1) or Champoiseau (no 8), or of course it might not be an entry at all, as no plate or number is visible.

No 16 is certainly entered as a Hotchkiss, but it still looks like a Talbot to me!

Aha! Never trust the entry list. Le Quotidien for 12/3/29 records the vehicles that actually started in this event, including in the 2 litre class Camboins (alias Monsieur Misprint), Talbot. I suspect this to be Cambouis of the previous report.

Now, which journalist to believe? I have to plump for the Talbot.....

Regards,

Stuart
Le Quotidien's entry list courtesy of Stuart:

.jpg   1929 Paris Nice entry final.jpg (Size: 104.64 KB / Downloads: 227)
I am confused (.com). Whilst the badge on the top of the radiator shell and the form of it suggests Talbot, Hotchkiss rad. surrounds were oval, similar to Bugatti's, not angular at the top. I am unable to identify the script on the core. Increasing the magnification appears to show it starting with an  "H " but I can't be certain it says Hotchkiss. Behind the " 16 " in front of the radiator there is a suggestion of a badge which suggests it could be a Hotchkiss as this is where they situated their badge.
Oh for a time machine!
After ferretting around the internet I found the script/logo that is on the rad. It is a Surenses made Talbot 11cvSIX typeDD. I found this picture on the Osenat auction site:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Good work, MartinH. Well done!
Funny I live in Neuilly, can’t place the photo though.