The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart photo 1929
Photo 
Nice photo of 2 Rosengarts during a French event in 1929.

11/3/29, départ du Paris-Nice [critérium de tourisme automobile]

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b5...=1266100;4

And another.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b5...k=836914;0

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Nice pictures
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Fascinating photos. I think the town is Neuilly and the drivers of the two cars are Blanchon and Dupin. There is another side view photo of car 20 on Gallica which shows it to be a coupe, car 21, a saloon. Interesting neither cars have the Paris - Nice sticker above the numbers on the two side photos. I'm unable to identify the lovely saloon 16 to the rear, and to the rear of that is that a Lancia? The fencing and gate to the house smacks of art deco and what do the two prices 10f 25 for " T " and 9f 75 for the PL on the Energic sign mean? - grades of essence?
I quite like the white motoring coat or smock - very period.
"Fascinating photos. I think the town is Neuilly and the drivers of the two cars are Blanchon and Dupin. There is another side view photo of car 20 on Gallica which shows it to be a coupe, car 21, a saloon. Interesting neither cars have the Paris - Nice sticker above the numbers on the two side photos. I'm unable to identify the lovely saloon 16 to the rear, and to the rear of that is that a Lancia? The fencing and gate to the house smacks of art deco and what do the two prices 10f 25 for " T " and 9f 75 for the PL on the Energic sign mean? - grades of essence?

I quite like the white motoring coat or smock - very period."

No 16 is a Hotchkiss, either am AM2 (2.2 litres 4 cylinder) or an AM80 (3 litres and 6 cylinders)...... I know because I have one !
Chris, Energic was a fuel produced by BP (you might recall that they also did an oil named Energol) so I think your guess about different grades is probably correct. I can only guess at the meanings of T and PL.

A root around in Gallica turned up cylinder heads and valves with the trade name Energic, just to confuse matters further....

Regards,

Stuart
Super pictures - and so much detail known by you experts about the occasion. I've spent a lazy Sunday morning messing with the images; starting with an automatic AI colour and then working it up by hand. Click the image twice to get the best result.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(31-01-2021, 12:05 PM)Monsdonnet Wrote: No 16 is a Hotchkiss, either am AM2 (2.2 litres 4 cylinder) or an AM80 (3 litres and 6 cylinders)...... I know because I have one !

I hesitate to contradict someone who owns a similar car, but surely Car 16 is a French Talbot (known as a Darracq in the UK to distinguish from  the British Talbot)? The radiator badge is certainly the rectangle with diagonal slash of a Talbot. The car behind (on the pavement) is indeed a Lancia Lambda; as for the car on the road, I feel I should recognise it, but cannot come up with an identity at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's of American origin.
Both Mikes, I too thought car 16 was a Talbot but the entry list in L'Auto-Velo 26/2/29 says 16 is Cambouis' Hotchkiss.

Michael C, I will send you an image of the list in the hope that perhaps you can post it here.

Regards,

Stuart
(31-01-2021, 02:45 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:  .....I feel I should recognise it, but cannot come up with an identity at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's of American origin.

It does look american but the rad surround looks wrong for a Model A, Chevrolet, Buick etc. but it could be one of the smaller Chryslers. The test will be to see if Stuart's entry list contains one. 

Steve
    Here’s another , 
Madam J Jeanne Paris - Nice Rally 1930
8 Rosengart’s started and finished out of a field of 47 42 finished. There was no handicap applied against the larger cars and they all finished at pretty much the same time.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.