The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YL 664?
What was the back story Stuart?.

My guess is that the number had been sold at some point prior to your purchase of the chassis & V5, and you had bought it with what amounted to an out of date V5 at time of sale. Was it an older V5, and was it in the name of the seller?

The only way the DVLA will have kept it on the motorcycle is if it was legitimately transferred in paperwork terms. All the proper forms. 2 MOT certs etc etc.

My mate had this with a YA XXXX registration on a steam roller he bought. Sent off the V5 and set off a shit storm. Somehow it had been transferred in the 1990's before he bought it, unknowingly to the then owner (the guy he bought it off) despite it being allegedly 'impossible' to transfer off a vehicle that cannot be MOT'd. The seller had an older V5 in his name which he believed still current. It didn't take the DVLA very long to re issue it to him in that case, and the roller got its registration back.
Thanks Hedd, I think you are right. That hadn't occurred to me.

Take care

Stuart